Condition-Based Maintenance Software
What is Condition-Based Maintenance?
Condition-Based Maintenance (CBM) is is defined as maintenance that is performed after one or more indicators show that equipment is going to fail or that equipment performance is deteriorating. Put simply, it means performing maintenance when the need arises vs. on a regular schedule and it saves companies millions every year.
To support a CBM strategy, you need software that can monitor equipment performance along with maintenance KPIs in real time. This is all about what is happening "here and now" and one of the most important elements is powerful alerting.
Do you find yourself asking these types of questions?
- What's the status?
- What led up to this?
- Where is the problem?
- Is it getting better or worse?
Visual KPI is focused on deliver the KPIs, scorecards, trends and alerts that you depend on most, regardless of your location or device.
Video Case Study: Condition-Based Maintenance on the Trans-Alaska Pipeline
There are many solutions for monitoring your assets, be they plant utilities assets, data center assets like servers, bandwidth or HVAC, regulatory compliance, or sales and financial information. What's even better is the ability to mix and match these to create exactly the set of KPIs that matters most and then slap it on any internet-enabled device you might have. Smartphone, tablet, web browser or flat screen. If it has a browser, Visual KPI can get it to you.
Why choose Visual KPI for condition-based maintenance?
- Mobile, laptop, desktop or flatscreen. The Visual KPI Server intelligently determines what device is requesting the information, including the screen dimensions, orientation and capabilities, and generates a custom page for that specific device on the fly. Nothing to code or manage. Over 400 devices supported, including all of the majors of course (Blackberry, iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows Phone, etc.).
- Multiple data sources, without creating a new master source to manage and maintain. We believe your data should live where you want it to, so we just read it and make it useful in real-time. Databases (SQL Server, Oracle, etc.), data historians (OSIsoft PI System, Aspentech IP.21, GE Proficy, Wonderware Historian, Rockwell FactoryTalk, etc.), streaming databases, business applications (ERP, CRM, etc.) and even external data from web services or XML feeds. Mix and match them without using the painful and expensive words "integration project."
- Geo-Location & mapping. Visual KPI goes beyond just data and alerts, allowing you to map all of your assets geographically and even use your GPS to filter assets and data by their proximity from you and your device. This is critical for large sites, multi-site, and remote locations.
- Up and running in hours, not weeks or months. There is no coding or screen design - it's all data driven and our designer is built on Microsoft Excel so you already know how to use it. In fact, we deploy it for you over the web and we include our services in cost of the software. It happens so quickly that we can let you try it for free on your own data and devices. Contact us for a free trial today.
- Secure. Our web-based design (on-premise server or in the cloud) puts almost no data on the client device and sharing doesn't involve passing sensitive data (only URLs). Visual KPI also inherits your existing security requirements including Active Directory users, groups and policies so there isn't a new security model to understand and work with. This goes a long way toward making IT happy.
Condition-based maintenance is more critical than ever, and there are more systems involved every day. Transpara Visual KPI is the most powerful way to visualize and monitor your operations and assets, regardless of your location or device.