Visual KPI Feature List
Visual KPI Web / Mobile Interface
- Data-driven responsive screens are auto-generated by the server for each device
- Server-generated screens with no local app required on your phone. Visual KPI combines the power and flexibility of the browser with the speed and richness of an installed client application using modern technologies including HTML5.
- Thousands of devices supported, including smartphones and tablets from Blackberry, iPhone/iPad, Android, Windows Phone and all PC/Mac browsers
- Flexible views: KPI roll-up (pie chart equivalent), Lists, KPI Map, Bar/Bullet Charts (dial/speedometer equivalent), KPI Trends, Scorecard, Ad-Hoc Trends, Managed Trends, GeoMaps / geolocation and Links
- Powerful alerting package - includes alert templates, escalating alerts, time-in-state, reminders and custom alert content.
- Geo-location of your data, including mapping of any object in the system with latitude/longitude and leveraging your GPS or IP location to filter data based on your current location
- Easy navigation with tabs for Groups, KPIs, Trends, Tables and Links
- Almost no limits: unlimited levels of data, unlimited KPIs, values, trends, tables, links and more
- Real-time views of your data - always as current as your data source
- HTML5 Trend Chart with cursor and drag modes - auto-fetches new data as you drag or zoom and it supports PC and mobile gestures including pinch-to-zoom, swipe, mouse wheel and more.
- Analytics on your device - filter, sort, pivot and customize your views from the palm of your hand
- Choose your own colors, status names, icons and even add your own logo
- Share any view securely and with context - link-driven sharing shares pointers without sharing data
Visual KPI Server
- On-premise or hosted; dedicated server or virtual machine
- Leverages existing data sources without creating a new master source to manage and maintain
- Unique meta-data engine for decorating existing data with application-specific attributes
- Generates screens unique to thousands of devices on the fly, including touch-based, stylus, keyboard and mouse driven devices.
- High-scale - handles thousands of users on just one server by using the same infrastructure used by some of the world's largest web sites
- Lightweight read-only environment - rapid set-up in just minutes
- Multiple instances (sites) per server (Pro and Enterprise editions), allowing multiple divisions, departments or cofigurations without extra hardware
- Certified for Microsoft Windows Server and SQL Server
Visual KPI Designer
- Innovative, color-coded design environment based on Microsoft Excel 2007, 2010 or 2013 - almost no training required
- Configuration of KPIs, scorecards, views, trends, tables and data hierarchy (including naming, status and colors)
- Rapid prototyping with live preview of changes from within the design tool
- Easy set-up and changes to alerts, including references to external sources (e.g. alert the "operator currently on shift" where this is determined in another system) and powerful alert templates
- Supports data from multiple data sources, even in the same KPI (e.g. current value from one system, limits or target from another)
- Support for contants, equations, formatting, manual data, referencing other cells, and more
- Mobile access to most major databases (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Sybase, Informix, etc.)
- Ideally suited to data historians like the OSIsoft PI System, Invensys Wonderware Historian (InSQL), GE Proficy Historian, Rockwell FactoryTalk Historian (RSSQL), AspenTech IP.21 and others.
- Business applications like ERP (SAP, Oracle Applications, Microsoft Dynamics, Etc.), CRM (Oracle CRM, Salesforce.com, Microsoft CRM, Etc.), Supply Chain applications and more.
- Big Data applications like Splunk, Coudera and more.
- OLAP and data warehousing platforms including Microsoft SQL Server, IBM Cognos, Oracle Hyperion, SAP Business Objects and more.
- Web services and data feeds for both internal and external or third-party data
- Common data access standards including ODBC, OLEDB and others
- Read-only access by default for excellent performance, stability and security
- Write-back functionality for entering manual data
- Security Inheritance Model - adapts to your existing security requirements including directory structure, users and groups, and authentication mechanisms.
- Browser-based with almost no local data, reducing the security footprint to almost zero
- Sharing is done with links that contain no data. Only authenticated users can access screens using shared links.
Performance, Scalability and Reliability
- Built by engineers with decades of mission-critical development experience (utilities, oil refining, process manufacturing, etc.)
- Scales to thousands of users on one server by using the same infrastructure design as leading public web sites including microsoft.com