Data Centers & Critical Facilities
NOC | Monitoring | HVAC | Building Management | Environmental | Bandwidth and CDNs
Over the last decade, a new breed of critical facilities have emerged along with the Internet and have also driven the need for real-time monitoring and remote data access. Data centers are more than just racks of servers and they have become much more than just an IT management problem. There are massive demands on power, cooling, bandwidth, and security, not to mention all of the critical assets that live in those racks.
These facilities are also unique in that they are often remote and are monitored by experts who can't always be on site. This is a critical recipe for mobile operations monitoring and alerts.
Benefits / Uses
- Reduced IT costs
- Maximize asset performance with real-time monitoring
- HVAC and bandwidth monitoring and alerting on any device
- Get the most from your limited base of subject matter experts, wherever they are
- Regulatory and environmental compliance monitoring / reporting
- Improved crisis management with visibility from anywhere
- Take advantage of non-peak energy and bandwidth pricing along with utility rebates
Online Data Center Demos
To see an online demo of Visual KPI used for data center monitoring, click the image on the left and you can interact with a live system. The data sources for this demo are an OSIsoft PI System and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.
Click here to see a demo of how we monitor Transpara's own data center.
For a quick tour and some instructions on how to ensure you see the most important parts, check out our online demo page.
Featured Data Center Customers
Here are a few customers that monitor data centers and critical facilities with Visual KPI.