Before we let the lawyers do the talking for us (below), we would just like to say we care about your privacy in the same way we care about our own. Because of this we want to keep an open dialog with our visitors and customers. If at any time you see something you aren't completely happy with, please let us know by email at email@example.com or call us at +1-925-218-6983. Ok, lawyers, start your engines...
Last Updated: January 1, 2016
Changes to This Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will change the “last updated” date above. If there are material changes to this Policy, we will notify you more directly. We encourage you to check this Policy whenever you use our Web sites and services to understand how your personal information is used.
We collect information from you in various ways when you use our Web sites and services. We may also supplement this information with information from other companies. We collect two general types of information, namely personal information and aggregate data. As used in this Policy, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name and email address), and demographic and other information when directly linked to information that can identify an individual.
Our definition of personal information does not include “aggregate” data. Aggregate data is information we collect about a group or category of services or users from which individual user identities have been removed. In other words, no personal information is included in aggregate data. Aggregate data helps us understand trends in our users’ needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our services. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate data, and we may share aggregate data about our users with third parties for various purposes, including to help us better understand our customer needs and improve our services and for advertising and marketing purposes.
The following are the specific types of information we collect from you.
Information You Give Us. We collect information you give us on our Web site and when you register for and use our services. Examples include the following:
- Registration and Profile Information. When you register to use our services, download software, register to receive updates or update your profile, we may collect various kinds of information about you including, your name and email address; your title, company and other profile information you provide; demographic information; and information you upload like photos, files, and documents.
- Contact Information. We may collect the email addresses you provide for contacts you enter or upload into your private contacts page. If you choose to collaborate or share files with others, we may also collect email addresses you provide to email invitations to those individuals on your behalf.
- Submissions and Customer Service. From time to time we may use surveys, contests or sweepstakes requesting personal or demographic information and customer feedback.
- Automatically Collected Information. We automatically receive certain types of information when you interact with our Web pages, services and communications. For example, it is standard for your Web browser to automatically send information to every Web site you visit, including ours. That information includes your computer’s IP address, access times, your browser type and language, and referring Web site addresses. We may also collect information about the type of operating system you use, your account activity, and files and pages accessed or used by you.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to process your requests or transactions, to provide you with information or services you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Web site and services and to otherwise serve you and our users. For example, we may use your personal information:
- to request feedback and to enable us to develop, customize and improve the Web site and our publications, products and services;
- to conduct marketing analysis, to send you surveys or newsletters, to contact you about services, products, activities, special events or offers from Transpara or our partners and for other marketing, informational, product development and promotional purposes;
- to send you a welcoming email and to contact you about your use of the Web site and services; to respond to your emails, submissions, comments, requests or complaints; to perform after-sales services; to anticipate and resolve problems with our products and services; to respond to customer support inquiries, for assistance with our product and service development; and to inform you of updates to products and services from Transpara that better meet your needs;
- to enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with Transpara and/or users you designate;
- to contact you if you win a contest; and
- for other purposes about which we notify you.
Transpara may store and process personal information in the United States and other countries. Transpara adheres to the U.S. Department of Commerce's Safe Harbor privacy principles regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union. Transpara’s Safe Harbor certification can be found at https://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx. For more information about the Safe Harbor Principles, please visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Website at http://export.gov/safeharbor/.
Sharing of Personal Information.
Network and Information Security.
Transpara takes reasonable steps to protect information we collect from you to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. In addition, highly confidential personal information such as credit card numbers and passwords that we may request from you on our Web site are protected with encryption, such as Secured Socket Layer (SSL) protocol, during transmission over the Internet.
The servers on which information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable.
Your account information and access to our products and services are accessible only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Updating and Accessing Personal Information.
If your personal information changes in any way, we invite you to correct or update your information as soon as possible. You can make updates to your profile information by logging into your account at transpara.com at any time. You can also request changes or access to your information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transpara may send you communications or data regarding our Web sites, products and services, including but not limited to (i) notices about your use of our Web sites, products and services, including any notices concerning violations of use, (ii) updates, and (iii) promotional information and materials regarding our products and services. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Transpara by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Opt-out requests will not apply to transactional service messages, such as security alerts and notices about your current account and services.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you should first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not receive a response or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should then contact TRUSTe at http://www.truste.org/consumers/watchdog_complaint.php. TRUSTe will serve as a liaison with Transpara to resolve your concerns.
Any questions about this Policy should be addressed to email@example.com.