Support FAQ > Installation & Deployment > How can I run Visual KPI in 32 bit mode on a 64 bit server?
Yes! Here is how to do it...
NOTE: This guidance is specific to Windows Server 2003 and 2003 R2. Later versions of IIS run natively in 64-bit modes.
IIS6 runs in 32 bit mode in 64 bit server, but there is no Asp.Net tab in the properties screen of the website. So, you can't switch frameworks and don't know which framework runs in which application pool.
- Open command prompt on your Server
- Go to the default path of Asp.Net 4.0 (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319)
- Run the following command: aspnet_regiis -lk | find "28008" (the number is the identifier of your web site )
- Command: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319> aspnet_regiis -lk | find "28008"
- Once you run the command, you will get the current Asp.Net version which is set for your web site (e.g. W3SVC/28008/ROOT/ 2.0.50727.3053)
- Once it's done, you need to run the command: aspnet_regiis.exe -norestart -s "W3SVC/28008/ROOT/" That will Start registering ASP.NET (4.0.30319) recursively at W3SVC/28008/ROOT/
- Command: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319> aspnet_regiis.exe -norestart -s "W3SVC/28008/ROOT/"
- There is no need to restart IIS on server.
That's it! Let us know if you have any questions by sending us an email at email@example.com.
Last updated on February 20, 2013 by Transpara