Under normal circumstances, it should take about 10 minutes to upgrade your Visual KPI system. Assuming that you are running at least version 4.0, then the process is simple:
1) Navigate to http://transpara.com/software-downloads. This requires you to login using your Transpara User name and password. If youdo not have one, simply click on Register and then follow the instructions.
2) Download the latest Client and Server installation fiels. The two files are both executables and will run a wizard-based installer when launched. Place the Visual KPI Server installer on the same machine with your existing Visual KPI web server installation. Please the Visual KPI Designer installer on the same machine where you are already running Excel and the KPI Designer.
3) On the Server machine, right-click on the Server Manager installer and Run as Administrator. Click through the wizard, and after it finishes the Visual KPI Server Manager will be launched. At this point, you can either upgrade individual instances, a few select instances or all of your Visual KPI websites all at once. Right click on an Instance Icon (shaped like a gear) to select Upgrade Instance. Right click on a Visual KPI Web Site (looks like a globe) to select Upgrade All Instances.
4) On the Client machine, right-click on the Designer installer and Run as Administrator. Click through the wizard and after it finishes you can either click Finish (to return to other tasks) or Run (to launch the Visual KPI Designer). Since this is an upgrade, all of your previous connections to your Visual KPI Instances will be preserved. The Visual KPI Designer will automatically try to connect to the most-recently used Instance on your newly-upgraded Server.
5) As always, if anything goes wrong just give us a call and we'll wakyou throiugh it over the phone or start a quick web meeting to see what's up.
Last updated on May 23, 2013 by Transpara